With 344 delegates and 60 exhibitors this was the best PCO Conference yet…
This business program has received rave reviews from delegates, sponsors and exhibitors thanks to the energy, experience, relevance and professionalism of the presenters.
The conference covered a number of industry specific topics, from Dr Frank Gelber, Chief Economist at Biz Shrapnel to Prof David Weaver and the “Lifecycle of Destinations”;
we discussed Aviation, Venues, Global Meeting Trends and the continuing impacts of Technology. New age marketing and the development of online business communities also proved popular with delegates.
Feedback indicated that the program was relevant, challenging and futuristic.
The updated social program also gave attendees ample time to network/do business with our exhibitors and sponsors.
One hotel has reported getting $500K in potential new business leads / bookings.
The pre-conference owner/director SIG was fully booked, and special thanks to Novotel on Collins for the first class SIG Dinner. The discussion document from the meeting will be sent to attendees, while some of the initiatives the Association will action in 2014 on behalf of members includes;
• Setting up a members buying group
• Establishing affiliate arrangements with other industry groups
• Launching a national advertising campaign to support accredited PCO’s
Completing benchmark studies on;
• PCO staff wage levels by State
• Business model project management hours
• Social media use for individual conferences and events
Two new SIG groups will be formed to meet regularly in 2014;
• Communication and Technology – chaired by Craig Rispin
• Innovation – chaired by Danny Davis, Entrepreneur, Strategist, Consultant and Mentor
Life memberships were presented to Rob Bulfield and Robyn Johnston, two of our inaugural council members and Rob Henshaw the foundation association President.
New staff appointments will be announced in February 2014; in Canberra, Tasmania and Queensland, including the position of Director of Industry Partnerships.
If you missed the opportunity to provide your thoughts on the conference, you will find the feedback link here:
The 2014 conference will take place at the National Convention Centre in Canberra, check the website for details.
Conference Chair 2013
News and Events
- 10/03/2014 Join the Innovation Special Interest Group (SIG) The Innovation Special Interest Group (SIG) is off to a flying s...
- 07/03/2014 The four certainties: Life - Death - Taxes and ? If there is anything certain in business, it's that if you are h...
- 06/03/2014 PCO Tech SIG You can register for the first Tech SIG on-line meeting on Frida...
- 06/03/2014 Event Managers Webinar Date: Thursday, 27 March 2014 - Time: 1.30pm EST...
- 04/02/2014 Position Vacant - Events Division EMG is currently on the lookout for a new person to join our Eve...
- 04/02/2014 Position Vacant - Event Operations Executive The team at BCS is now looking for an Event Operations Executive...
- 22/01/2014 POSITION VACANT - Sales Executive Sales Executive - B2B Conferences & Trainings...
- 10/06/2013 Breakaway Travelclub PCO Member Travel Discounts through Breakaway Travelclub......